This item is sold as is in Open Box condition. It has been tested and carries the full Fenix 5-year warranty but may have minor cosmetic damage.
Check out the upgrade: Fenix FD41
It has finally arrived! We/you have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of a Fenix adjustable beam light. It's here. You now have the innovative ability to achieve a combination of a spotlight for long-distance viewing and a floodlight for up-close illumination...all in one torch. The Fenix FD40 features a maximum 1000-Lumen beam from the latest Cree XP-L HI LED--producing a maximum beam distance of 984 feet. All this performance is generated from one 26650 battery or one 18650 Li-ion battery. An added, high-demand feature is the stainless steel side switch with a lock-out function. The Fenix design team has covered it on in this release.
This ultra-compact flashlight is designed for tripod mounting with size output modes, to include a strobe function. As a photographer, all your lighting demands are covered. Do you need a light for search and rescue, camping, or any outdoor adventure? The Fenix FD40 is it. Versatility at its finest.
- Utilized the Cree XP-L HI LED, with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Six modes of operation: Specifications lab-tested using one Fenix ARB-L4-4800mAh 26650 rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Turbo: 1000 Lumens, 2 hr. 25 min.
- High: 570 Lumens, 5 hr. 5 min.
- Mid: 220 Lumens, 14 hr. 40 min.
- Low: 70 Lumens, 49 hr. 45 min.
- Eco: 8 Lumens, 308 hours
- Strobe: 750 Lumens
- Twist head to adjust focus: 78 degrees for flood; 40 degrees for spot with a 7.5-degree center beam
- Spotlight maximum beam distance: 984 feet
- Stainless steel side switch
- New Lock-out function to prevent accidental activation
- Standard tripod mount in body
- Flat tail cap for tail standing capability
- Digitally regulated output maintains constant brightness
- Over-heat protection to avoid high-temperature of the surface
- Intelligent memory circuit, automatically enters previously used brightness level when turned on again
- Reverse polarity protection to protect from improper battery installation
- Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
- Premium Type III hard anodized, anti-abrasive finish
- High efficient lens with total reflective coating
- Waterproof to IPX-8 rating, under water 6.56 feet for 30 minutes
- CLICK HERE for the User Manual
Batteries Used (NOT included)
- One 26650 Rechargeable Li-ion battery - Recommended. You may be interested in this Charger/Battery Pkg. Deal
- One rechargeable 18650 battery (accepts Fenix ARB-L18-2300, ARB-L18-2600, ARB-L18-2600U, ARB-L18-2900, ARB-L18-3400, or ARB-L18-3500, and Tenergy). Each has a different mAh. The higher the mAh, the longer the runtime between charges.
- 18650 charger Recommendations: AREC1+, AREC2, AREX1, AREX1+, ARE-X2
- Explanation for the batteries listed below as* "Caution":* These batteries can be used, but we highly recommend batteries with protective circuits. We recommend you use the batteries labeled "Recommended" or "Usable."
Size of Your Light
- Length: 5.1 inches/130mm
- Tube Diameter: 1.3 inches/32mm
- Head Diameter: 1.8 inches/45mm
- Weight (excluding batteries): 5.6 oz./159 grams
What Comes With Your Light
- 1 - FD40 flashlight
- 1 - 18650 battery holder (NO BATTERY)
- 1 - Lanyard
- 1 - Holster
- 1 - Spare O-ring
- 1 - User Manual
- 1 - Warranty Card